(a) Prostitution is performing for hire, or offering or agreeing to perform for hire where there is an exchange of value, any of the following acts:
(1) Sexual intercourse;
(2) sodomy; or
(3) manual or other bodily contact stimulation of the genitals of any person with the intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desires of the offender or another.
(b) Prostitution is a class B nonperson misdemeanor.
21-3513: Promoting prostitution
(a) Promoting prostitution is:
(1) Establishing, owning, maintaining or managing a house of prostitution, or participating in the establishment, ownership, maintenance, or management thereof;
(2) permitting any place partially or wholly owned or controlled by the defendant to be used as a house of prostitution;
(3) procuring a prostitute for a house of prostitution;
(4) inducing another to become a prostitute;
(5) soliciting a patron for a prostitute or for a house of prostitution;
(6) procuring a prostitute for a patron;
(7) procuring transportation for, paying for the transportation of, or transporting a person within this state with the intention of assisting or promoting that person's engaging in prostitution; or
(8) being employed to perform any act which is prohibited by this section.
(1) Promoting prostitution is a class A person misdemeanor when the prostitute is 16 or more years of age.
(2) Promoting prostitution when the prostitute is 16 or more years of age is a severity level 7, person felony if committed by a person who has, prior to the commission of the crime, been convicted of promoting prostitution.
(3) Promoting prostitution is a severity level 6, person felony when the prostitute is under 16 years of age.
21-3515: Patronizing a prostitute
(1) Patronizing a prostitute is either:
(a) Knowingly entering or remaining in a house of prostitution with intent to engage in sexual intercourse, sodomy or any unlawful sexual act with a prostitute; or
(b) knowingly hiring a prostitute to engage in sexual intercourse, sodomy or any unlawful sexual act.
(2) Patronizing a prostitute is a class C misdemeanor.