- Director of the Pittsburgh Coalition Against Pornography
- Con to the question "Should Prostitution Be Legal?"
“Jesus fully embodied a characteristic that does not come easily to us mere humans: He was compassionate and just at the same time. He understood prostitutes, He demonstrated compassion towards prostitutes, but He did not excuse their behavior. Some Christians are full of condemnation for the sin, but show no compassion for the sinner. The Godly way is to demonstrate both. It is one of the deepest manifestations of love.
Prostitution as an institution is evil. It doesn’t matter if it is the ‘world’s oldest profession’, it is still wrong. However, prostitutes themselves are not evil and neither are their johns. They are usually broken and needy individuals seemingly trapped by the circumstances of their lives. Ultimately, to accept and legitimize prostitutes and johns is not compassionate, it is lazy. Not to undertake the difficult task of leading, encouraging and calling them to the higher way is a failure to love as Jesus would have loved them.”
wholehearted.org, Jan. 22, 2007
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Director, Director of WholeHearted.org
- Director, Pittsburgh Coalition Against Pornography, 1986-present
- Supervised the Whale’s Tale Downtown Outreach Center, 1984
- BFA, Filmmaking, Emerson College, 1980<
- None found
- Quoted in: