- Co-ordinator of Rede Nacional de Profissionais do Sexo
- Pro to the question "Should Prostitution Be Legal?"
“In Brazil, engaging in sexual activities has been legal for a long time. Selling sexual fantasy is legal. What is illegal is maintaining a prostitution house, or a nightclub that has prostitution. So the person who is acting criminally is the nightclub owner or the cabaret owner, or even the owner of a massage house.
What we want to do at this moment is to change the situation. We want to make this a legal relationship so that we can establish a labor relationship between employer and employee.”
NewsHour with Jim Lehrer’s website, July 16, 2003
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Co-ordinator, Rede Nacional de Profissionais do Sexo
- Director, ONG Davida, Network of Sex Work Projects (NSWP)
- Former prostitute
- Organized first Brazilian congress of prostitutes
- Attended 3 years, Sociology, University of Sao Paulo
- None found