- Journalist and Author
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Should Prostitution Be Legal?"
“In Scotland we have the chance through our parliament to start protecting sex workers from the violence and criminality that surround their industry.
It’s a huge challenge. The women’s right to do what they want with their own bodies must be balanced against the public’s right to safety on the streets.
None of this will happen unless we abandon our hypocrisy about sex and accept that sex workers have to be protected, like anyone else working in a dangerous industry.”
Daily Record, Feb. 10, 2004
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Journalist and Author, Publications include Guardian Weekend, Sunday Times, Sunday People, and the Daily Record, 1982-present
- Secretary, Scottish Women in Journalism
- National Daily Category Award, Travelex Travel Writing Awards, 1999
- Nominee, Feature Writer of the Year, British Press Awards, 1997
- Freelance Writer, 1978-1982
- Theatre Stage Manager, 1971-1977
- Diploma in Journalism Studies, Cardiff University, 1978
- MA, English Literature and Drama, Glasgow University, 1971
- None found
- Quoted in: