- Deputy Comment Editor for the National Post
- Pro to the question "Should Prostitution Be Legal?"
“The assumption underlying much of the bad press Germany has received is that decriminalization is a boon to the underworld. In fact, the opposite is closer to the truth. Prostitution is like any other industry. Make it illegal, and you give criminals a monopoly. Legalize it, and you give law-abiding enterprises a chance to compete….
Moreover, regulated brothels now are operated as legitimate businesses, and so attract professional managers — as opposed to underworld thugs.
…For all concerned, the best course of action is to bring this business under the ambit of the law. When prostitutes need protection, to whom do we want them to turn — thugs and mafiosi, or doctors and police?”
National Post, July 7, 2006
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Deputy Comment Editor, National Post
- Member, Editorial Board, National Post
- Editor, Editorial Cartoon, National Post
- Former banker
- PhD, Canadian Business and Political History, University of Toronto, 2000
- MA, British History, School unknown
- None found
- Quoted in: