- Liaison for the Abolition of Sexual Trafficking for the United States Salvation Army
- Con to the question "Should Prostitution Be Legal?"
“We need to eliminate the purchase of commercial sex. That is no easy task. People tell me all the time that prostitution has been around forever and you can’t stop this. I think that’s baloney. There are a lot of things that have been around forever but if we provide the right evidence and provide positive motivation and use our laws effectively people’s behaviors can change and we can change people’s minds….
I’m opposed to anything that would legalize the purchasing of sex by buyers. I’m opposed to pimping being legal. I’m opposed to brothel keeping being legal. I think we need to absolutely keep as many barriers up as possible. We want to create a sense that buying sex from a woman is socially unacceptable and legally unacceptable….
Prostitution is a despairing, horrible condition for any women and girl who should end up there. We need to get more and better information out to the public about the harms of prostitution: mortality, homicide, suicide, sexually transmitted diseases, violence, beatings, shootings, stabbings, rape… It is no life for anyone.”
Phone Interview with ProCon.org, Jan. 26, 2007
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Vice President, Education and Outreach, National Center on Sexual Exploitation
- Liaison for the Abolition of Sexual Trafficking, The Salvation Army USA
- Coordinator, Initiative Against Sexual Trafficking (IAST)
- Former Director of Anti-Trafficking, World Hope International
- Human Rights Leadership Awards, Freedom Magazine, 2006
- Evangelical Women of the Year, Concerned Women For America (CWA), 2005
- Policy Representative, Office for Governmental Affairs, National Association of Evangelicals (NAE), 1998-2001
- English Teacher and Head Central Administrator, Educational Services Exchange with China (ESEC), 1996-1998
- Project Administrator, private consulting firms in Kentucky, 1992-1995
- MA, Leadership, Public Policy, and Social Issues, Union Institute and University
- BA, Government, Western Kentucky University
- None found
- Quoted in: