- Founder and Executive Director of Standing Against Global Exploitation (SAGE) Project
- Con to the question "Should Prostitution Be Legal?"
“As long as we point the finger away from ourselves, away from the institutions that blame and criminalize women and children for their own rape, sexual abuse, trafficking and slavery, away from the men who we normalize as ‘Johns,’ and as long as we disconnect adult prostitution and the exploitation of children and disconnect prostitution and trafficking in human beings for the purposes of rape and sex slavery; then we are to blame and we have assisted in creating well-funded transnational criminal networks – dollar by dollar.”
Testimony before U.S. House Financial Services Subcommittee on Domestic and International Monetary Policy, Trade and Technology, Apr. 28, 2005
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Founder and Executive Director, Standing Against Global Exploitation (SAGE) Project, 1995-present
- Former prostitute
- “Use Your Life Award,” Oprah’s Angel Network, 2001
- Peter F. Drucker Award for Nonprofit Management, 2000
- Innovations in American Government, Roy and Lila Ash Institute for Democratic Governance and Innovation, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, 1998
- BS, Magna Cum Laude, Health Education, San Francisco State University
- None found
- Quoted in: