- Executive Director of Call Off Your Old Tired Ethics (COYOTE) Los Angeles
- Pro to the question "Should Prostitution Be Legal?"
“As a long time sex worker rights activist, I believe that a system of decriminalization of all private, consenting adult commercial sex would be of greatest benefit to those in the sex industry…. Still enforceable would be laws which prohibit statutory rape…, laws against public acts of sex (again regardless of the exchange of money or other consideration), laws against trespassing, littering, loitering on private property, laws which regulate working environments, safety of employees, laws against coercion, assault, rape, trafficking…, fraudulently acquiring money earned by anyone in any profession including prostitution (whereas in prostitution it is called ‘pimping’), etc.
Repeal all ancillary laws such as pandering and pimping, using existing laws against such acts as coercion and threats to arrest and punish those who use coercion or threaten by any means a person to obtain their money or force them into sex acts with others against their will (or to do anything else against their will, such as work in sweat shops or as domestic servants!)
Treat adult women who become prostitutes as adults who are capable of making choices for their own lives. Stop trying to impose moral or social values on us and then tell us ‘it’s for our own good!!!!'”
E-mail to ProCon.org, Jan. 2, 2007
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Founder and President, International Sex Worker Foundation for Art, Culture and Education (ISWFACE), 1997-present
- Executive Director, Call Off Your Old Tired Ethics (COYOTE) Los Angeles, 1984-present
- Outstanding Young Women in America, 1987
- Co-Chair, International Conference on Prostitution, 1997
- Candidate, Lieutenant Governor of California, Libertarian Party, 1986
- Call Girl, 1982-1983
- Civilian Traffic Officer, Los Angeles Police Department, 1972-1982
- None found
- Served 17 months in prison for pandering
- Quoted in: