- Professor of Sociology at the University of Ottawa
- Con to the question "Should Prostitution Be Legal?"
“It’s not the law that puts women at risk, but the nature of prostitution itself. Prostitution is violence – it’s how the women are recruited and held in check.”
Edmonton Sun, June 19, 2005
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, JDs, PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to the study of prostitution. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to prostitution issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Professor of Sociology, University of Ottawa
- Webmaster, Art Council, University of Ottawa
- PhD, Université de Montréal, 1984
- MA, Université du Québec à Montréal, 1978
- None found
- Quoted in: