- Pro to the question "Should Prostitution Be Legal?"
“Countries should work toward decriminalization of sex work and elimination of the unjust application of non-criminal laws and regulations against sex workers.”
“Consolidated Guidelines on HIV Prevention, Diagnosis, Treatment and Care for Key Populations,” who.int, July 2014
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
“WHO is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.”
“About WHO,” who.int (accessed July 23, 2014)
“WHO fulfils its objectives through its core functions:
- providing leadership on matters critical to health and engaging in partnerships where joint action is needed;
- shaping the research agenda and stimulating the generation, translation and dissemination of valuable knowledge;
- setting norms and standards and promoting and monitoring their implementation;
- articulating ethical and evidence-based policy options;
- providing technical support, catalysing change, and building sustainable institutional capacity; and
- monitoring the health situation and assessing health trends.”
“About WHO: The role of WHO in public health,” who.int (accessed July 23, 2014)
- Chartered by the United Nations